Thursday, December 30, 2010

Blissfull Whirlygigs....in progress

On my design wall (aka flannel taped to wall)
Playing with ric rac after quilting
after binding and ric rack sewn on
stepping away for awhile to enjoy my kids and do some cleaning...


The first steps to this quilt came really fast, however I have to step away and get some stuff done and then at night after people are asleep i will sit on my bed and watch a movie with my needle and thread and hand baste the batting.  It's the most tedious part of the quilt-making process but worth it.

I was sad to see a wrinkle in the backing...however it's solid white with white thread and after washing and drying it I think it will be ok...i really loved this fabric and think i may be buying some more.  It's Moda Bliss that's why it's a blissful whirlygig quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment