Friday, May 13, 2011

Botony and Biology

I have been a busy girl over here.  I got sick earlier in the week.  I am always getting sinus infections.  I will be drinking apple cider vinegar again.  This time instead of getting a migraine with my monthly gift I got nausea and dizziness.  When i get to heaven i may give Eve the ole "stink eye" for a few hundred years.

I'm amazed how parenting presents you with different problems every so often.  I doubt I will ever "finish" being a parent but wow it's really hard right now.  It's physically challenging with my 3 year old "very creative" builder. He makes trains and arranges things in patterns all the time.  He eats food by lining them up in a square and laughing about it.  He dresses himself, makes his own lunch while I am in the shower.  He is potty trained for the most part.  He has started crying and whining over the toys not doing what he wants (or me not doing it right) or squealing like a girl when he's outside because he knows he can.

My oldest son is lying and sneaking and well stealing.  He's not doing these things at school or anywhere else, just home.  He has been going through the lunch line when I pack his lunch.  ??????  I pack his lunch because I cannot afford don't want to spend $2/day.  I can't afford  I don't want to spend $2/day and pack his lunch.  It all clicks into place though.  He has not been eating his lunch that I pack but he comes home starving.  He lied to me over and over again, "No mom, I didn't eat lunch!"  Tearing up when he tells me this and I'm back to believing him.  Finally I asked him after praying last night "is the Cafeteria Lady right or wrong?  Do you think she's a liar? Should I believe her or you?"  He looked down and said "you should believe her."  It was like pulling teeth!  He also has some more scary things that we are trying to talk to him about.  Lets just say he has perfect spelling for a 6 year old and is very curious about women. This has resulted in a NO INTERNET rule and something I am calling "Operation Restore Innocence.  We will be playing a lot outside.

Moving On...


I have been crocheting a ton of flowers.  They are so fun.  I just finished a sunflower for my gardening hat. I am blocking them now.  I just figured out that I am supposed to soak all flowers in water/starch and drying on a towel.  It takes me awhile but I always come around to the right way of doing things.  I think I will put a big brown button in the center and sew it to a band and tie it to my big straw hat that I wear when I am gardening.

My garden is coming along nicely.  I thinned out my green beans and replanted some squash plants that were eaten.  Cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, okra, squash, green beans, and herbs are doing really well.  I'm very excited.  I may be fashioning some form of scarecrow soon.  Right now Weeds are killing me.  I weeded all day Sunday and I have a new crop.  I may be tilling up my front yard soon, it seems to be the trick to growing beautiful thick grass.

I am working on a Modern Stair step Tutorial.  You will all have to stay tuned, and by "You all"  I mean you -mom and Valerie and Trisha (haha).  Seriously I'm just going to keep blogging over here.  Eventually someone might start visiting me frequently, following me - and commenting.  I always get comments on my facebook page or comments in person or on the phone but I would love some comments.  Some feedback is really nice! Also Follow me in Google Connect or Network Blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment